Are you willing to boldly go where science has not gone before? At Warp Drive Bio, we apply revolutionary science to drug the undruggable.
We are moving at Warp speed to change the face of medicine through our innovative SMART and genome mining platforms. Our team is daring, committed and passionate about what we do – we are willing to take risks and we love tough challenges.
Developing new medicines that drastically improve the quality of patients' lives is what excites us each day. Does this sound like a team that you want to work alongside? Then click here to learn more about how to join the pursuit of cutting-edge science at Warp speed – because we need tomorrow's innovators, today.
"What we do here is cutting edge and bold. If we are successful, WE WILL make a lasting impact on patient care."
-Chatura, Manager Data Systems & Compound Mgt.
We are locked and loaded – ready to attack the next frontier of medicine – previously undruggable targets. Our team is boldly pursuing difficult and important science, while charting our course beyond the current boundaries of modern science.
We are on a steadfast mission to change patient lives through the medicines we create.
Unified by a Passion
Warp Speed on
Exploring New Frontiers
With Groundbreaking Science
"Warp Drive Bio has an exceptional pool of international talents. Creativity is EXPECTED; passion is REQUIRED."
-Matt, Scientist II
Operating at Warp speed, our fearless crew is re-defining science as we know it. We are looking for innovative thinkers that share our passion for pursuing the next important medical breakthroughs and have an unwavering drive to make a difference in the lives of patients. If you are interested in applying for one of our open positions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org listing the position in the subject line and attaching a recent CV.
Warp Drive Bio is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to be a leading member of the Heterologous Expression group. This individual will be expected to conduct independent experiments, lead interactions with internal and external personnel, and prepare and present data at project meetings.
This position requires a Ph.D. degree in microbiology/biology/chemistry with expertise in natural products discovery, in addition to 0-5 years of drug discovery experience in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology or post-doctoral setting.
The qualified individual will also have the following:
• Demonstrated success and creativity in natural products discovery from bacteria within the actinomycete group, as evidenced by a strong record of scientific accomplishment.
• A desire to be a significant presence and leader in a laboratory setting, involved in the design and execution of experiments.
• Experience in actinomycete genetics, fermentation and natural product detection by LCMS and phenotypic assay.
• An understanding of actinomycete biology and the latest developments in promoting natural product biosynthesis.
• Experience in antibiotic discovery including demonstrated experience working with clinically relevant pathogens and target/MOA identification.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are required as is the desire and ability to work in a laboratory-focused environment.
• Ability to plan and troubleshoot experiments independently.
• Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams of scientists in a fast-paced environment to accomplish project and company goals.
• Ability to work well under pressure and drive projects that affect critical timelines.
• Collaborating with team members and external partners to design and execute experiments to enhance production of novel natural products from a heterologous host system.
• Execution of phenotypic assays to assess mechanisms of action of natural products.
• Working with natural products chemists to identify novel natural products via LCMS.
• Supporting efforts to scale up and isolate novel natural products.
• Data analysis and uploading data to a LIMS.
• Presentation of results at team meetings.
• Maintenance and tracking of samples.
Warp Drive Bio is seeking a highly motivated Computational Chemist to be a leading member of our dynamic drug discovery team. This individual must be a strong team player, self-motivated, passionate about drug discovery, and energized by scientific challenges.
This position requires a Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, in addition to a minimum of 4 years of pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry experience as a computational chemist supporting drug discovery projects.
The qualified individual will also possess the following:
Demonstrated track record of successfully applying computational chemistry to impact drug discovery
Expertise in computational methods: structure- and ligand-based design, conformational analysis, molecular dynamics, QSAR, binding free energy calculations and data mining
Strong analytical skills and the ability to present complex information clearly to project teams
Deep understanding of modern drug discovery including medicinal chemistry, DMPK and multi-parameter optimization
Expert user of scientific software such as Schrödinger, Pipeline Pilot, MOE, etc.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Programming skills are a plus
Collaborate with the Chemistry Team to design novel compounds and prioritize designs for synthesis
Structure and ligand based compound design, virtual screening, library design
Develop target druggability assessments
Support drug discovery projects from early to late stages
Utilize models to predict compound physicochemical and ADME properties to aid in compound design and selection
Identify and implement novel computational methods to drive drug discovery projects
Warp Drive Bio is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Warp Drive Bio will only accept job applications from candidates who are properly documented with authorization to work in the United States.
Notice to Recruiter/Staffing Agencies:
Recruiters and staffing agencies should not contact Warp Drive Bio through this page. We require that all recruiters and staffing agencies have a signed contract on file. Any resumes submitted through the web site or directly by recruiters or staffing agencies will be considered unsolicited and the company will not be responsible for any related fees.